Courtesy Car Cover Plus, administered by Brit Syndicates Ltd, provides a courtesy car for up to 21 days if your car is declared a total loss following an accident that was your fault, or as a result of fire, lightning, flood, vandalism, explosion, theft or attempted theft. For all other instances, a courtesy car is provided under the terms of your policy when a claim is made.
To receive the courtesy car hire you must meet the following criteria: you must be able to produce a current full valid driving licence which has been continuously in force for six months, and you must not work as an entertainer or professional sportsperson.
If you don’t qualify for a courtesy car because you don’t meet the above criteria, or a courtesy car is not available, you will receive up to £250 towards reasonable and necessary alternative transport costs where you’re able to provide official receipts.
Courtesy Car Cover Plus also includes:
- Cover for legal costs and expenses up to £50,000 if you are prosecuted for a motoring offence
- Cover for legal costs and expenses up to £50,000 if you are a victim of vehicle number-plate cloning
- Identity theft advice and assistance
- Access to legal, tax and counselling helplines
- Access to a consumer legal services website
You can add Courtesy Car Cover Plus at the start of your policy or at renewal. Unfortunately, you are unable to add it mid-way through the term of your policy.