We provide black box insurance that gives young drivers the fair insurance premium they deserve.
The pocket-size black box we fit to your car tracks your driving. It will help us work out how safely you drive so that we can reward you with Reward Points and a personalised renewal price.
It will tell us things like your speed, the time of day you drive and how smoothly you drive.
You can monitor your progress in Your Portal – we calculate Reward Points based on five elements:
Here’s how you should drive in order to earn the maximum Reward Points:
- Drive smoothly and generally avoid rapid acceleration and harsh braking, unless it is an emergency.
- Drive at a speed appropriate for the road you are on.
- Avoid regular driving at night, especially between the times of 11 pm and 4 am.
- Take breaks on long journeys; 20 minutes for every 2,5 hours.
- Take some journeys on the motorway – they’re actually the safest roads.
You can keep track of how safely you’re driving by logging in to Your Portal.
What can I use my Reward Points for?
You’ll be able to exchange your Reward Points for Top Up Miles or retail vouchers. You can view your options in the Rewards Shop in Your Portal.
Top Up Miles are available in bundles of 250, 500, 1,000 or 2,000 miles any time during your policy term.
Please note that rewards and Top Up Miles obtained through redemption against Reward Points have no cash value.