If you need to make a new claim, our dedicated claims team are here to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you wish to make a claim for repairs or replacement to glass in windscreens, sunroofs or windows you can now make a claim easily online or call 0330 022 9449.
If your car has been stolen, please tell the Police and obtain a crime reference number from them. Then call us on 0330 022 0123* as soon as possible, or at least within 24 hours of discovering the theft, so we can monitor the location of your car and liaise with the authorities.
What to do if you have an accident
Follow the step by step guide to help you in the event of an accident and to make your claim:
- Ask the other driver(s) for their name(s), address(es) and telephone number(s). Record the name of their insurer(s) and, if possible, their policy number(s). Make a note of the number of passengers in each vehicle.
- Ask for the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses also.
- Record the vehicle registration numbers, along with the make, model and colours of the other vehicles involved. Note if you think the vehicle was roadworthy before the crash.
- Make a note of any injuries or damage to other vehicles/property.
- If possible, take pictures of the vehicles before they are moved, even if there is no apparent damage.
- Make a note of the weather conditions and if possible make a sketch of the accident while the details are still fresh in your mind.
- If the police are at the scene, obtain the address of the police station and if possible their reference number.
- Call us as soon as possible after the incident on 0330 022 0123*. Give us as much information about the incident as you can. We’ll explain what your policy covers and if you have to pay any excess.
Wherever possible, speak to us before you make any arrangements for replacement or repair. Once you’ve contacted our claims team, we can take care of all the necessary arrangements e.g. to repair the damage to your car.
*Any calls to numbers starting 03 cost the same as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02 and may be included in any inclusive calls package you may have. insurethebox does not earn any revenue from the use of the 03 number.