Claims are held for 6 years from date of closure.
ASK A QUESTION
Help Category: My privacy & data
How do I contact CUE?
You can contact the Motor Insurers Bureau on 0345 1652803 (Free phone) or at email@example.com.
Are insurers allowed to share my information?
You can contact your previous insurer if you believe they have filed incorrect information about you on CUE. Alternatively, the Motor Insurers Bureau can be contacted on 0345 1652803 (Free phone) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I check what information is stored on CUE about me?
The Motor Insurers Bureau is the Data Controller for CUE. Details of how to find information held on CUE can be found here: www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/mib-managed-services/cue-miaftr/
What is CUE?
CUE (Claims and Underwriting Exchange) is a central database of motor, home, travel and personal injury/industrial illness incidents reported to insurance companies, which may or may not have given rise to a claim. Information held on CUE helps to fight against fraud.
My previous insurer won’t change my information, what can I do?
The Motor Insurers Bureau are unable to make any changes to the record if the insurer has stated that they are happy with the accuracy of the record. If the data subject remains unhappy with the insurer response then they need to raise a complaint with that insurer.
How long will it take for CUE to update before I can re-do my quote?
The right to rectification turnaround is a maximum of 30 days. The Motor Insurers Bureau and the insurer that entered the record on to CUE are jointly responsible for responding to any rectification requests. A response must be provided to the data subject (you) within a month and it’ll usually take 48 hours for a record to update on CUE.
What happens to my driving data?
The black box fitted to your car collects a wide range of driving information and we understand that customers may be concerned about how this information will be used. We’re committed to keeping your driving information safe and confidential.
- We will use your driving information to encourage you to drive safely, such as by awarding Reward Points each month to safe drivers.
- We will use your driving information to help us reduce fraud, by checking if another driver is making a false claim against you, or if you are making a false claim.
- We will only share your driving information with our trusted business partners.
- We will not release your driving information to the police or to any civil authorities unless we have your permission or we are required to do so by law, or we suspect fraud or attempted fraud.
- We will not refuse your claim simply because you were driving above the legal speed limit. We will stop recording data if you sell your car or cancel your policy.
How long will you hold my driving data for?
What do I do if I feel you are breaching the law with incorrect use of my information?
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and / or regulations. More information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. This will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.