At the beginning of your policy, you will start with no Reward Points. Once we gather enough information about how the car is driven, you can start to earn Reward Points for a safer driving style. You can earn up 100 Reward Points each month.
Please note that although you can start earning Reward Points immediately you will not be able to see them on Your Portal until a month and seven days after your policy has started.
How can I earn Reward Points?
The telematics box fitted to your car records the following information about your driving:
- the time of day you drive
- the speed you drive at on different sorts of roads
- how smoothly you drive
- if you take breaks on long journeys
- your motorway mileage
- your total mileage.
To ‘drive like a girl’ and earn the maximum 100 Reward Points for safe driving per month you need to:
- drive smoothly and avoid rapid acceleration and harsh braking, unless it is an emergency
- drive at a speed appropriate for the road you are on
- avoid regular driving at night, especially between the times of 11pm and 4am
- take regular breaks on long journeys.
What can I use my Reward Points for?
You will be able exchange Reward Points for Top Up Miles. To do this, please visit the ‘Reward Shop’ page of Your Portal.
Top Up Miles are additional miles you can buy if you need to drive further than your Policy Miles. Top Up Miles are available in bundles of 250, 500, 1,000 or 2,000 miles at any time during the term of your policy.
Please note that Reward Points, and Top Up Miles obtained through redemption against Reward Points, have no cash value.
Watch this space for more information about other goods and services that you can use Reward Points for!