Your Certificate of Motor Insurance takes the place of an International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) and is evidence that the insurance extends to include the compulsory motor insurance requirements of any member country of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia and Liechtenstein.

Please note that in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal 29 March 2019, the requirement for Green Cards will be introduced. You’ll find FAQs specific to this process soon. For more information, read our blog about driving in the EU post-Brexit.