Ask a question

Type your question below or enter a relevant keyword to find what you're looking for.

Questions in Quote

Do you accept provisional licence holders as policyholders or named drivers?

No – drive like a girl only accept Full UK & EU license holders.

Do I need to send proof of my No Claim Discount (NCD)?

Yes. We have calculated your premium based on the No Claim Discount you stated you have acquired through previous insurance policies and we need to see proof that you are entitled to this discount. Sending us a copy of your renewal notice is fine. You can also usually request your previous insurer to supply a proof of No Claim Discount.  If you can’t prove that you’re entitled to this No Claim Discount when we ask you to, we reserve the right to adjust your premium, or cancel your policy accordingly.

What is a protected No Claim Discount?

If you have a No Claim Discount (NCD) you can chose to protect it. Protecting your NCD means that in the event of one claim under your Policy in any period of insurance and up to a maximum of two claims in any consecutive five years of cover with us, your no claim discount will not be affected, after which your No Claim Discount will be reduced for each further claim in accordance with the scale detailed in the Private Car Policy Document on Your Portal.

Do you accept No Claim Discounts that are already being used for other policies?

No – when you declare your No Claim Discount it must not be currently used to insure another vehicle.

Do you accept No Claim Discounts earned while outside of the UK?

No – we do not accept No Claim Discounts earned outside of the UK.

What is No Claim Discount (NCD)?

No Claim Discount is a discount on your premium based on the number of consecutive complete years you have driven without making a claim. For more information, please see your Private Car Policy Document which you can find in Your Portal.

How much excess will I have to pay if I make a claim?

Details of applicable excesses will be shown on your Policy Schedule. All excesses have to be paid in the event of a claim for damage to your vehicle, although we will not charge you your excess if we do not think you were to blame for the accident and the third party insurers agree. We will not apply the policy excess to a claim for medical expenses, personal belongings, nor when your car is being used by the motor trade or in the custody or control of valet parking.

What is an excess?

There are two types of excess: compulsory and voluntary. An excess is an amount you will have to pay in the event of a claim.  The amount will vary depending upon the type of claim you make and will be displayed on your Car Insurance Schedule.

Voluntary Excess is optional and means you have agreed to pay more towards a claim for damage to your vehicle. If you select a higher Voluntary Excess it can reduce the price of your premium. Any Voluntary Excess you choose would be in addition to your Compulsory Excess.

When do driving convictions have to be declared?

You should contact us as soon as you or a named driver receives a conviction so that the policy can be updated.

What convictions do drive like a girl accept?

There are a number of factors that influence acceptability. We will provide a quote for drivers with motoring convictions. However, we will not quote for drivers who have non-motoring convictions that are unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

Can I take out a policy if I live in Northern Ireland?

Unfortunately not – our policies require that an in-tele-box is fitted to your car, which can be done anywhere in mainland Britain, but not as yet in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Scottish Islands.

Will drive like a girl accept a driver with a spent DR10 as a policyholder or named driver?

Yes – we will consider offering a quotation but one is not guaranteed.

Can I have more than one car on a policy?

No – you can only have one car and one in-tele-box per policy.

How do I retrieve a saved quote?

Click here to retrieve a quote. You will then be able to log in using the email address and password you gave when you got your original quote.

Can I insure both my cars with drive like a girl?

Yes – you can do this by arranging separate drive like a girl policies for each car. We will fit our in-tele-box to each vehicle for you and you can continue to earn a separate No Claim Discount against each car. You will also be able to earn a separate drive like a girl discount on each car with its own drive like a girl policy.

How do I buy a policy?

You can buy car insurance with drive like a girl online or by phone. Click here to get a quote, or call Customer Service on 0330 022 0200.